Honey Cake



'Honey Cake' Just this name, takes me back to my school days. It was my favourite cake when I was a child, especially the one from Iyengars bakery. On Sundays, when my father took me out, I would never miss a chance to convince him to buy me my favourite cake along with my favourite egg puff . ;-) Today there are varieties of cakes in market but still honey cake has its own place and it will always be my fav one.
I got this recipe from a facebook member, Mrs Alee Venkatesh. After viewing so many positive reviews about this recipe, I decided to put it in my 'Must Do' dish list. Thanks to her for this easy and wonderful cake recipe. 
No doubt the cake came out to be too good but I felt the sponginess in the cake was missing.

Cake Ingredients:
Maida - 1.5 cups
sugar - 1 cup
plain thick curd - 1 cup
baking powder - 1 1/4tsp.
baking soda - 1/2 tsp.
Oil or butter - 1/2 cup (I used butter)
vanilla essence - 2 tsp.
honey - 3 tsp

Ingredients for Soaking the Cake
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup dry coconut (powdered)
Pinch of cardamom powder
2/3 cup water

Method:
  • In a pan add water, honey, dry coconut & cardamom powder and bring it to boil for 10mins. Keep it aside to cool
 
  • Sieve together maida, baking powder and baking soda(make sure no lumps are present).
  •  In a large mixing bowl, take all the cake ingredients, mix well to combine and set aside for 3 mins.
  •  Pour this cake batter to a greased baking tray & bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg. C for about 30-35 minutes or until done and little brown on the top.
  • When done, remove from oven, pour the honey mixture on top of the cake & allow it to soak for approximately 30minutes
  • When cake is completely cool, cut into pieces & serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Similar tasty preparations

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...